Adding fresh fabric or a brand new cushion to an old dining chair can be excellent way to breathe life into it. However, the task can seem overwhelming and extensive if the correct method is not followed. One must also be careful about choosing the right upholstery fabric and materials for completing the work. Given below is the step-by-step procedure for refurbishing a dated dining chair:
- First the seat base must be unscrewed from the frame, after which the staples and fabric will have to be removed using pliers and an awl. For newbie DIY enthusiasts, it is important to exercise great care while pulling the staples off.
- In order to replace the worn out seat, a new one will have to be created from a plywood measuring ½ inch. The outline of the base can either be traced on the plywood piece or marked with proper dimensions. It is better to use a jigsaw for cutting around the markings.
- The next requirement is a seat cushion which will have to extracted from a piece of 1 inch-dense foam. Once the cushion is ready, it must be attached to the wood using a spray adhesive that dries quickly. The edges should be rounded by spraying them with glue and then sticking them to base of the seat.
- Now the foam must be covered with a layer of polyester batting that is ½ inch dense. First the batting can be stapled to the centre of all sides of the base and pulled around for covering the foam entirely.
- The calculated dimensions of the seat base must be increased by ¼ inch and then used as measurements for cutting the fabric. In case a pattern is being used, it has to be centred on the chair first.
- The fabric should be made as tight as possible and then attached to the base using staple gun in the same way as the batting.
- In case the dining chair needs protection from dust, a cover must be prepared from black cambric fabric, which can be stapled to the underside. Finally, the seat can be screwed back to the frame.
Although the above mentioned steps are not very difficult to execute, they do necessitate a certain amount of skill. In case an individual finds them hard to take care of, he or she must get in touch with a reputed firm performing furniture repair & reupholstery in Sydney and allow professionals to complete the job.
King-sized beds are generally suitable for large spaces and provide a lot of area for two people to sleep in and stretch out for getting a good night’s rest. The headboard for these beds come in a wide range of styles, sizes and materials. Most people buy them in order to match the existing decor and furnishings. Let’s have a look at two of the main components of king-sized beds:
Mattresses designed specifically for king-sized beds are generally 203 centimetres long and 193 centimetres wide. To be exact, they are 41 centimetres wider than queen-sized mattresses. They are probably the widest of their kind available in the market and are approximately of the same size as a couple of twin beds kept together. A king mattress usually requires either 2 large pillows or 3 standard ones.
There are many people who prefer custom made bedheads for their king-sized beds instead of readymade ones. As a result, there is no standard size set for them. However, the headboard must be at least 193 centimetres wide for accommodating the mattress. In general, the width of typical king bedheads ranges from 201 to 213 centimetres. They are manufactured in a wide range of styles, with the width quite often depending solely upon the style.
As has been mentioned already, headboards for king-sized beds usually come in a plethora of styles, sizes and materials. Iron, wood and leather are the most commonly used manufacturing materials. Some of the bedheads are designed with inbuilt shelves to be functional, while others have an upholstered finish. Typically sleek and modern lower headboards might be only 109 centimetres tall, whereas mid-size leather variants generally range from 125 to 137 centimetres. For instance, sleigh style bedhead made out of wood is often as tall as 152 centimetres. In other words, there is no standard height for the bedheads, but it usually lies between 109 and 177 centimetres.
While selecting headboard for a king sized bed, the foremost thing that must be taken into account is the current decor. The product bought should match its style and colour. It is also important to consider the space available within the room. Analysing the height and width of the bed is essential as well. Mattresses often range from 20 to 46 centimetres in thickness. Height of the bedhead must coordinate with that of the bed frame as well as the mattress.